Re: C++ complex class use in str2double.cc

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: C++ complex class use in str2double.cc
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:04:27 +0100

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
>> This must be something relatively new, I suppose. I have an older
>> draft and it is not there.
>> Anyway I'm glad this defect will be fixed. I made the following change:
>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f578e6468d0c
>
> From
> http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?view=revision&revision=135878
> It has been around for a little more than 1.5yr in libstdc++.
> And it was in MSVC 2008 when it was released.
>
> Your changeset should be ok under MSVC, except that the
> macro to test for is usually _MSC_VER. I'm don't think MSVC
> #define's __MSVC__. Wouldn't it be better to have a configure
> check to test that functionality?

Surely would. It might be useful in more places as well. Please do it
if you wish to.
It would also be nice if we had a config-independent way to do it,
something like a pair of templated inlines
set_real and set_imag in oct-cmplx.h. Unfortunately C++ doesn't allow
adding a non-virtual method to an already defined class.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer