Re: bug tracking

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: bug tracking
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:47:12 -0600

2010/3/2 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> Does that mean that we install our own instance of the launchpad bug
> tracker, or do we have to have a project at launchpad.net to use it?

We can do either. But the discussion seems to be moving back towards
giving Savannah another try?

> I don't really want to have another project page.  People are already
> confused by octave.sf.net (it would be better if that were named
> octave-forge.sf.net...).

Are you still averse to the idea of merging that website with
octave.org ? I thought that historically they were separate because
you wanted to keep a close watch on the quality of code that got
labelled as "Octave". I'd like it if all got merged together or was
more closely and obviously affiliated (think of the questions in the
user list about people asking for this or that function and apparently
not aware that it's implemented in Octave-forge).

> As a GNU project, I think it is best to have most of the Octave
> project hosted at savannah.

I agree. It's nice to have everything in one place, bug tracker,
source tree, sanctified releases, mailing lists (why aren't they
mentioned in the Savannah page right now?) octave wiki (haven't even
looked at that in ages, forget where it is), addon packages, user
staging area with no quality control to speak of other than community
policing.

Can you give me access to the Octave webpages to see what's setup and
start thinking about how to make it all more cohesive?