Re: new snapshot?

From: Jarno Rajahalme
Subject: Re: new snapshot?
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:26:15 -0800

On Feb 18, 2010, at 6:37 AM, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

> hi all,

> it's been 5 months and almost 700 changesets since 3.3.50. What about
> a new snapshot now?
> Regarding 3.4.0, I'd like to still try to address at least these two projects:

> 1. merge the MArray classes
> 2. legends in FLTK backend

Could someone look into a bug & fix I reported on the bugs list? "Bug fix for Octave plotting (__errplot__.m)"

This is related to how legends are implemented. The bug can be easily verified with the following program:

x = 0:0.5:2*pi;
err = x/100;
y1 = sin (x);
y2 = cos (x);

errorbar (x, y1, err, "~", x, y2, err, "~");
legend("left");
legend("sin", "cos", "location", "southwest");

Octave 3.2.3 (my current version) draws the legend lines without markers.

I included a fixed __errplot__.m in my bug raport. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about Octave code could verify that and fix the problem in Octave sources, hopefully before the next snapshot?

Regards,

  Jarno