Re: new test failures on MacOS X

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: new test failures on MacOS X
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 07:20:56 +0100

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 1:13 AM, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> tor, 04 03 2010 kl. 06:39 +0900, skrev Ben Abbott:
>> The failures below just showed up in the last 1-2 days. Is anyone else
>> seeing these?
>
> These seem to be related to Jaroslav's improved error messages, which he
> mentioned in this thread:
>
>  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.octave.maintainers/17964
>
> Søren

These failing tests do not indicate any problem in Octave, actually.
I left them there so that they keep reminding me that something needs
to be done. The best approach would be to extend the test parser so
that it can verify errors by IDs, not just messages (because the
indexing error now has its ID). I hope to do it shortly.
If you really hate to see the test failures, just adapt the failing
tests to the new format of error messages.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer