Re: bug tracking

From: Thorsten Meyer
Subject: Re: bug tracking
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:50:46 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 24-Mar-2010, Thorsten Meyer wrote:
>
> | documentation. Is the bug_report function supposed to be removed?
>
> Yes, since it sends mail to the mailing list, it is not what we want
> people to use now.
>
> Do you have a suggestion for how we can update it to do something
> useful?  Should it simply print out information about how to report
> bugs, possibly with information that would be useful to include in the
> tracker's submission form?

Ideally, the bug_report function should start a web browser with the bug
report form and the basic fields (octave version, operating system etc.)
prefilled. In debian, we could use the sensible-browser command. But is
something similar available on the other common platforms?. Also, does
savannah allow to give a rich html address to predefine some of the
fields of the bug report (something like
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave&version=3.3.1&os=gnulinux)?

Thorsten