Re: gnulib woes & run-octave fails, suggestions?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: gnulib woes & run-octave fails, suggestions?
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:10:16 -0400

On  7-Apr-2010, Jarno Rajahalme wrote:

| On Apr 7, 2010, at 9:53 AM, ext John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > I guess this is a bug in gnulib then, because it does provide a
| > replacement for fchwonat in the openat module.  And it appears to me
| > is correctly included in the list of modules, according to the output
| > of the bootstrap script that autogen.sh runs.  So I don't understand
| > why this does not result in actually compiling a replacement.
| >
| > Does your build tree have a file libgnu/.libs/fchownat.o?  What
| > symbols are defined there?  I'm guessing that there will be a
| > rpl_fchownat function, but it is not being used correctly by whatever
| > other function needs it.
| >

| I have it, and the function is named rpl_fchownat. I think there is no
problem USING it, as the compilation succeeds, if I comment out the
CXXALIASWARN line. I think the problem is that the alias warning is "attached
to" an non-existing function (fchownat).

Please report the problem to the gnulib maintainers.  It is not
something that we will fix only in the copy of the gnulib sources that
are included with Octave.  The problem should be fixed in gnulib, for
the benefit of everyone who uses gnulib.