Re: building development tip with mingw32

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: building development tip with mingw32
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 20:52:12 +0100

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:
> !!!!! test failed
> `fnmatch' undefined near line 4 column 10
>  ***** error <Invalid call to fnmatch.*> fnmatch ();
> !!!!! expected <Invalid call to fnmatch.*> but got `fnmatch' undefined near
> line 2 column 2
>
>  ***** error <Invalid call to fnmatch.*> fnmatch ("foo", "bar", 3);
> !!!!! expected <Invalid call to fnmatch.*> but got `fnmatch' undefined near
> line 2 column 2
>
> This one surprises me, as I thought that gnulib would provide fnmatch ?

I also get the same problem. It's because gnulib #define's fnmatch as
posix_fnmatch.You have to use DEFUNX to declare fnmatch function
in octave's code.

> octave-tip\scripts/specfun\beta.m  PASS    5/6    FAIL 1
>  ***** test
>  a = 0.25 + (0:5) * 0.5;
>  tol = 10 * max (a) * eps;
>  assert (zeros (size (a)), beta (a, -a), tol)
>  assert (zeros (size (a)), beta (-a, a), tol)
> !!!!! test failed
> exception encountered in Fortran subroutine dlgams_
>
> ???

I also get that, with BLAS/LAPACK compiled with f2c.

Regarding the 2 patches your sent:
1) shouldn't "isatty" comes with gnulib header? as in shouldn't
gnulib headers include io.h?
2) shouldn't building C++ version of the octave scripts be done in
the automake way, using bin_PROGRAMS variable

Michael.