Re: figure background color when printing

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: figure background color when printing
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 21:23:59 +0200

Ben Abbott wrote:
When the figure background color was added for the gnuplot backend, David
checked to ensure the color property value was numeric before setting it.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/1e38d9ed1e28

This is important because Matlab sets the color to "none" when printing.
Unfortunately, Octave only supports numeric values or the color.

This change is beyond my understanding. Can someone take a look?

Ben

Ben,

I no longer have access to matlab so I can't check want it does... Are you saying that matlab support "none" for the figure property and that when printing it is set to "none" automatically? If so the change is relatively simple and we have to make the figure color property support radio values like the axes color property does in graphics.cc and then in the print.m function in an unwind/protect block store the figure color, set it to none and reset it to the initial value in the protect block. Do you want me to do this? Is the axes color property also set to none when printing?

BTW, what is the default axes color in matlab? It would make a lot of sense to me if it was "none" and would allow the bug #29060 to be closed. If it isn't "none" is it set to "none" for imagess so that contours can overlay images.. Can you tell me what matlab gives for

close all
reset(0)
plot(1:10)
drawnow()