Re: Proposal for Matlab style errorbars (help requested)

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Proposal for Matlab style errorbars (help requested)
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 02:33:03 +0200

Ben Abbott wrote:
I've pushed the changes to __go_draw_axes__.m, but when I moved on to
graphics.h.in I noticed other files were referencing the {l,u,xl,xu}data
properties.

Specifically, I see references to {l,u,xl,xu}data in graphics.cc, graphics.h,
graphics-props.cc, and graphics.h.in.

Before I begin a (possibly) futile attempt to remove these references, I
thought I'd ask for advice as I'm functionally illiterate in c/c++.

Ben

p.s. I don't mind making a feeble attempt at changing these files, but having
someone more expert in c/c++ do it might be wise.

graphics.h and graphics-props.cc are created from graphics.h.in so don't change them. Only graphics.h.in and graphics.cc should be changed..

The compute_xlim and compute_ylim methods in graphics.cc shoud be eliminated and {l,u,xl,xu}data eliminated elsewhere. The same for graphics.h.in, but the updata_xdata and updata_ydata methods should be made to resemble the updata_zdata method..

These changes  are relatively simple
Cheers
David