csv2oct

From: CdeMills
Subject: csv2oct
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 06:25:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I revived a script I wrote a long time ago. It reads a csv file and emits a
Octave "binary" file with a one-to-one mapping between elements and cells. A
lot of efforts have been performed in order to cope with all the variations
found in csv files. With respect to other solutions like 'csv2cell' from the
miscellaneous package, this script generates a rectangular cell array even
in the case of a variable number of fields in the input csv file.

It introduces a dependency with Perl, but OTOH I expect a C++ translation to
be much longer. Could you consider incorporating it either inside Octave,
either inside Octave-forge ?

Source  http://n4.nabble.com/file/n2134169/csv2oct csv2oct  included.

Regards

Pascal