Re: Graphic for documentation title page

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Graphic for documentation title page
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 23:04:39 -0700

On 05/10/2010 11:49 AM, Rik wrote:
5/10/10

All,

The title page of the documentation is rather sparse with a title bar near
the top, authors near the bottom, and a large white hole in the middle.  I
thought it might be nice to show off what Octave can do by putting a fancy
graphic in the middle of the page.  Is there any particular plot which
developers think best represents Octave?

Perhaps sombrero?  I checked the website
(http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/index.html) and the title graphic there
is either a sombrero plotted with contourf or a Lorenz attractor.

--Rik

This is an extremely good idea.  There are many potential Octave
users who tried it sometime in the past and had trouble with the graphics.
Now there are good arguments for using Octave because of its improved
graphics.

Could we advertise as a challenge for people to send in candidate
graphics for the cover?  Something a lot more fun than the the old
sombrero...  And, I will see what I can find.

Michael