Re: Book project

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Book project
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:39:21 -0400

I think it would be great to have books focused on Octave.  It doesn't
matter that there are N books about Matlab.  I think it actually
causes trouble for us when people use Octave but are reading books
about Matlab because they inevitably run into incompatible behavior
and the immediate reaction (based on what I see on the mailing lists
and in bug reports) is that Octave sucks.  So having books that show
Octave examples that actually work correctly in Octave should be a
positive thing.