Re: Logos proposal

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Logos proposal
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:47:03 -0400

I like the more abstract versions as well.

When I made the first sombrero image for Octave's web page back in
about 1997, I really didn't think too much about it.  I was just
trying to get some 3D image that Octave could create and that I would
not have to spend a lot of time generating.  The sombrero image was
easy to make.  That it was a similar to the peaks function that is the
Matlab logo never occurred to me until much later, and if I had, I
would probably chosen something else.  So I would prefer to avoid the
sombrero image as an Octave logo.

I would prefer to avoid having anything in the logo that refers to
music since Octave is not named for the musical octave.  Anything that
reinforces that misconception should be avoided.

Do we have to have a single logo/icon image?  I don't see a problem
with having more than one.

Thanks,