Book project

From: Fotios Kasolis
Subject: Book project
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:09:45 +0200

My initial idea was not an Ocatave book but a book with applications using Octave (and probably a small appendix with brief intro to Octave). That allows concurrent work by community individuals (say that a person is assigned to receive all the material and go through a first cleaning). Then 10 other people (including John) edit and make the final picks. Everyone that submits something must format it based on template (so that the work of editors with respect to layout is minimized). The idea is not mine but is taken from the fenics project

http://www.fenics.org/wiki/FEniCS_book

+ we are more ;D, and i suggest that in a more open way (every single person on that planet could contribute!). For now i rearrange my written Octave material to make an Octave Student Reference (pocket or not :). When i finish with it i probably make it available somewhere (for those interested).

/Fotios