Re: see also

From: Rik
Subject: Re: see also
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:05:29 -0700

> From:
> Judd Storrs <address@hidden>
>
> Actually, in the
> relating-personal-experience-with-octave's-help-system department, I
> find myself continually frustrated with most of octave's online help
> because there aren't very many useful "see also" entries. Often I know
> a function similar to what I want and keep hoping that "see also" will
> throw me a bone but I'm always disappointed.

I agree that "see also" is important and every time I happen to be editing
a function's documentation I try to update the links.  I guess I used to be
more disappointed, but lately it feels like the situation is improving.  A
call to __list_functions__ reveals that there were 1038 functions so I'm
sure there is more work to do.

--Rik