Re: publish()

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: publish()
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:51:13 +0200

Fotios Kasolis wrote:
So here we are! I made a function "publish()" with reasonably close interface
to matlabs publish().
1) It works only for scripts but it is not difficult to use it for functions
after a small fix: see todo at the eof.
2) It is able to generate beautiful latex results and ugly html.
3) It is documented so "help publish".

I get warning like

warning: unrecognized escape sequence `\d' -- converting to `d'
warning: unrecognized escape sequence `\u' -- converting to `u'
warning: unrecognized escape sequence `\u' -- converting to `u'
warning: unrecognized escape sequence `\u' -- converting to `u'
warning: unrecognized escape sequence `\u' -- converting to `u'
warning: unrecognized escape sequence `\d' -- converting to `d'

then the latex has things like

^Hegin{document}

where "^H" is control-h and the latex doesn't compile. As for the code itself, looking rapidly I see three problem

1) Don't use CamelCase variables like fileName
2) The indentation doesn't follow the Octave stands of  two spaces
3) Use spaces between function names and the first parentheses eg "exist (...)" rather than "exist(...)"

See the pages

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Contributing-Guidelines.html

and in particular

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Octave-Sources-_0028m_002dfiles_0029.html#Octave-Sources-_0028m_002dfiles_0029