Re: Backend independent print function

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Backend independent print function
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:03:40 +0300

2010/6/28 Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>
Hello

This post is out of the scope of the discussions but I have an interest into the gl2ps.

--- Shai Ayal  wrote:
> We have opengl based printing using gl2ps from the fltk backend.
> The main big this not yet implemented is off-screen printing -- i.e.
> printing w/o opening a window. I am not sure how to go about this,
> since gl2ps needs an opengl context to work, and to create an opengl
> context, you usually have to open a window... There is some
> OS-dependent stuff (i.e in windows you can create an off-screen
> context) btu nothing which looks maintainable as apart of octave. If
> you have any suggestions, please let me know
>
> Shai

Can I use gl2ps functionality from the octave command prompt on the current development source ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "gl2ps functionality". The way it's implemented today, you have to plot something in the fltk backend (e.g. you need the fltk figure window to be open on the desktop), and then, issuing the command
print("-desp","test.eps")
will use gl2ps to produce an eps file.

Shai