Re: Refcard

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Refcard
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 21:04:53 -0500

On 1 July 2010 13:03, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> I also think the command-line editing options are less useful than more
> documentation about Octave itself.

I find readline to be absolutely essential to being able to use Octave
comfortably. Also, readline by default uses GNU Emacs-like keys, just
like info, and as a GNU project, Octave shouldn't shy away from at
least mentioning this. Lack of readline is one of the reasons I find
things like QtOctave and similar almost useless. It would be ok to
simply replace the documentation on readline in Octave itself with a
reference to how to use readline, perhaps a URL, but please don't
remove it entirely from the documentation!

> In [Linear Algebra] there should be mention of 'eigs', used to find just a
> few eigenvalues of a sparse matrix.

The reason it's not there is that eigs for a long time was under a
silly license, so yes, now that's changed, it should be restored.