Re: Logo feedback

From: Fotios Kasolis
Subject: Re: Logo feedback
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 16:38:45 +0200

On Jul 4, 2010, at 4:25 PM, Robert T. Short wrote:

> Søren Hauberg wrote:
>> søn, 04 07 2010 kl. 01:08 +0200, skrev Fotios Kasolis:
>>
>>> Should i work on that or you find it unnecessary?
>>>
>> Personally, I find this suggestion much better than the LaTeX ones (they
>> look too much like something that was "just" generated in LaTeX to be a
>> logo IMHO). I still prefer the more "graphical" logo suggestions; the
>> one with infinity inside a light-blue circle (with the lower right
>> corner removed) is my favourite. Perhaps the infinity part should be
>> replaced with the "OC" combination?
>>
>> Søren
>>
>> P.S. I really appreciate your enthusiasm; listening to all the different
>> opinions must be frustrating at times :-)
>>

> I agree.  This last one was cool, but I, too, like the graphical ones.
>
> This has been interesting, but maybe it is time to just DO something?
>
> Bob

I absolutely agree, it is time to do something, this could go on for ever. I
think we have enough material part is bad part is good, lets decide! Then i
check the details of the design for pixel fix (in case there is sth bad) and
that is all.

I ll also prepare a very brief (max 1page) visual id (after deciding the logo).

PS. Even if we choose a more graphical logo like Soren said, there must be a
specific way for writing octave. Look how wolfram has done that
http://media.wolfram.com/logos/ That is exactly what i was thinking.

/Fotios