Re: The build system

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: The build system
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 01:09:34 -0400

2010/7/8 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
>  Is there a way to speed up development and avoid
> large recompilations when touching just one source file.

When I started playing with the development branch, I quickly learned
to use ccache for building octave. It still seems unreasonably slow
and inefficient, but my impression is that it's orders of magnitude
better than the alternative. One caveat is that I haven't dared try
without ccache in eons so I have no idea if the switch to libtool made
things better or worse.

--judd