Re: The build system

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: The build system
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 19:53:32 -0400

On  8-Jul-2010, David Grundberg wrote:

| This is a good question, and arguing about it won't get us wiser.  It's
| possible for anyone to make their own build scripts in parallel with the
| current one if they like to know.

If anyone chooses to do this, I wish them luck using gnulib without
libtool, automake, and autoconf.  And no, we are definitely *not*
going back to the dark days of maintaining our own replacement
functions and portability checks for systems with non-standard or
broken functions (from the point of view of POSIX).