Re: mouse rotation for fltk backend

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: mouse rotation for fltk backend
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:34:42 +0200

son, 18 07 2010 kl. 20:49 +0200, skrev Kai Habel:
> I have prepared a changeset which enables rotation of 3D(2D)-plots for
> the fltk backend. To switch between pan and rotation respectively I have
> added two buttons (P and R). It works very similar to the analog matlab
> function.

Excellent! This works very well :-)

> To make it fully usable I have removed the zooming and panning limits in
> axes::properties::zoom_about_point and axes::properties::translate_view.
> Was there a specific reason to introduce them?

If memory serves me correct (but it rarely does...) these functions
ensure that you don't end up zooming or panning too far away from data.
With the latest code (which includes your changeset) you can try to

  backend fltk
  plot (sin (1:100))

and then click (and hold down) the mouse on the plot and move to the
left. You'll see that you can move the view as far away from the data as
you like. The old code ensured that you never moved the view somewhere
where nothing could be seen. Basically, you were only allowed to pane
and zoom inside the bounding box of the data.

Soren