Re: mouse rotation for fltk backend

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: mouse rotation for fltk backend
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:32:02 -0700 (PDT)

On 19 Jul, 2010,at 03:43 PM, Kai Habel <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 19.07.2010 16:18, schrieb bpabbott:
> On 19 Jul, 2010,at 09:05 AM, Kai Habel <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> I don't see any buttons. I ask where they are so that I try clicking in that vicinity .... maybe they're not visible, but active?
>>>
>>> Ben
>>>
>> Ben,
>>
>> I have attached a figure using the fltk-backend to give you a visual
>> impression of the layout. Hope that helps
>>
>> Kai
>>
>> <moz-screenshotpng>
>
> Thanks!
>
> When I plot I don't get the bar along the bottom of the plot, on which
> the buttons are place. In FLTK lingo what is the bar called?
>
> Ben

I don't think the bar has a special name. It consists of five
Fl_Button(s) and Fl_Output area. But I am not an expert in FLTK
programming. Maybe the online doc can help.

http://www.fltk.org/doc-1.3/classFl__Output.html
http://www.fltk.org/doc-1.3/classFl__Button.html

Kai

I'd hoped to find an application on MacOS X with a similar bar, but no luck.

I did find the example below on the FLTK website

    http://geuz.org/gmsh/gallery/screenshot.png

It appears the gmsh app is using the StatusBarGroup class, while Octave is doing something else to create its bar.

Since my c/c++ skills are non-existent, I think I'm must spinning my wheels and wasting the time of anyone following, so its probably best I focus on something else.

Ben