Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:54:57 -0400

On 20-Jul-2010, John Swensen wrote:

| On Jul 20, 2010, at 2:42 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
|

| > Except for some bugs, is there anything else that would prevent 3.4
| > from being released?
| >
| > Which bugs should prevent the release from happening?  I don't think
| > it is realistic to try to fix all of the currently open reports in the
| > tracker, so we need to mark any important ones as "blocking" (or
| > similar) and not allow the release until those are fixed.
| >

| I just submitted a bug report yesterday for something that I think
| is kindof major.  Breakpoints aren't working properly.  You can set
| a breakpoint for a line containing an if..else statement, but it
| doesn't show up when querying the function via the breakpoint tree
| walker.  I'm assuming this is a long-standing problem dating back to
| the new tree walker introduced a year and a half ago?

Perhaps.  I'd rather not discuss specifics of individual bug reports
in this thread though.  I know that there are some bugs that need to
be fixed before the release.  What I'm more intereseted in is whether
anyone is currently working on any substantial projects that should be
considered for 3.4, and what the chances are for making legends work.
I don't think I have the expertise to do that in any short period of
time, but I will help in whatever way I can.