Re: fltk printing

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: fltk printing
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 13:03:51 +0900 (JST)

Hello

How about vector format files like fig, emf, svg, .....?

I am using pstoedit is a good tool to convert a eps file to other vector format
files.

For emf format, it is better to create it via fig file using fig2dev than to
create it directly by
pstoedit from my experiences.

pstoedit -f fig foo.eps tmp.fig
fig2dev -L emf tmp.fig foo.emf

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Shai Ayal wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM, bpabbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 20 Jul, 2010,at 02:00 PM, Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Shai,
> >
> > I just noticed something that I thought I should ask
> > about before doing more:
> >
> > First, I noticed that when the fltk backend is active,
> > since the latest reorganizing of print.m and __gnuplot__print,
> > etc. fltk only does eps output. But, I happened to be
> > doing some plotting in a directory which had a copy of
> > the old print.m it. Using the old print.m and fltk backend
> > I could generate pdf without problems.
> >
> > I looked at the code and there is quite a lot in
> > __gnuplot__print__.m that is not gnuplot specific. In
> > particular the use of ghostscript to do things like pdf,
> > and all the other conversions not handled by gnuplot.
> >
> > So, rather than duplicate code in __fltk__print__.m
> > it appears that something like a __ghostscript__.m
> > script is called for. Both __gnuplot__print__.m and
> > __fltk__print__.m would use that for all the output types
> > handled by ghostscript.
> >
> > So, does this sound like the right thing to do?
> >
> > Michael
> >

> > Are you thinking of producing all output from an eps file?
> > (1) PS by embedding the EPS file in a single page PS file
> > (2) PDF from PS (or from EPS depending upon what is desired).
> > (3) Using GS to convert to the various bitmaps?
> > I like the idea.
>
> yes. In fact, even for gnuplot, which has the ability produce PNG
> natively, I used to produce PS and convert using ghostscript. The
> gnuplot PS terminal was much better than the others, and ghostscript
> can do nice anti-aliasing of the fonts
>
> Shai
>
> p.s. I'm cc'ing the list

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/