Re: fltk printing [changest]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: fltk printing [changest]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:02:03 -0400

On Jul 27, 2010, at 7:02 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2010, at 7:46 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

>>> Ben,
>>>
>>> I am in favor of committing this.  The current __fltk__print does hardly
>>> anything,
>>> so not much could be lost there.  And, this looks like a good start on
>>> getting
>>> things working.  So, the more exposure it gets the better.
>>>
>>> Unless others object, please commit it.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>
>> If there are no objections, I'll push the change when I get home this
>> evening.
>>
>> Ben
>

> I spoke to soon. I'm now having trouble building. I've made a few minor
> changes to the changeset. It is attached. I hesitate to push it since I'm no
> longer able to run octave.
>
> Ben
>
> <changeset.patch>

I've pushed a changeset.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/05ba991794d4

I've assumed that support for each of the formats, GL2PS_PS / PDF / TEX / SVG /
PGF, will be included in the backend. Presently, only GL2PS_EPS is available.

The output for PS/PDF should respect the figure's papersize, paperorientation,
and paperposition properties. The output for the EPS/SVG/TEX/PGF is limited to
the box associated with the paperposition property.

Since eps is output is available, the changeset enables several other formats
as well. Those include all aifm, dxf, emf, fig, gif, hpgl, jpeg, mf, png, pbm,
and pstex. These output formats are obtained by converting eps using
ghostscript, pstoedit, and fig2dev.

While pdf output will produce a full page of output, a figure proper for
inclusion via pdflatex may be produced by ....

        print -dpdfwrite figure1.pdf

The gnuplot printing may be impacted. I'll begin looking at cleaning up
__gnuplot_print__ so that is works in a manner consistent with
__fltk_print__.m, but if someone finds a problem, please report it.

Ben