Re: fltk printing [changest]

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: fltk printing [changest]
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 15:54:42 -0700

On 08/01/2010 01:46 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
I've been studying ghostscript and am now able to use the eps file from GL2PS to produce Matlab compatible PS and PDF output in portrait. I hope to manage landscape as well.

I like this solution, but let me know what you're thoughts are.

For the SVG/PGF/TEX output, I think GL2PS is the best option.

Ben

Very good!  I am glad this has worked for you.  Ghostscript is very
widely used (also matlab uses it).  I am quite sure that if the target is
pdf, ghostscript should do it.  It may be that there are cases where using
gl2ps to produce PS and then ghostscript for ps to pdf is required.

Also, as I said before, it may be useful to allow users to set the
ghostscript argument string directly.  There are quite a few ghostscript
wizards you think they need to tell it exactly what they want.  Of course,
they could live with outputting ps from Octave and then running ghostscript
for ps to  whatever with their special options.

Michael