Re: Adding functions to octave base?

From: forkandwait
Subject: Re: Adding functions to octave base?
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:17:47 +0000 (UTC)

Judd Storrs <jstorrs <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ifelse seems to be a builtin and has been in the development branch for a
year

Huh.

> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/983de84e4bf3.
>
>  If your ifelse() is compatible with octave's it would probably be helpful to
get that somewhere in octave-forge.

Matlab doesn't have an ifelse in their alpha list of functions.

The one I wrote approximates the ternary function (like "iff" in
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/147044, though I
think that is a bad name).

> Is there a forward-compatiblity/backports section on octave-forge?

hehe, I am not submitting this to octave-forge, thanks for the idea though ;)