Re: fltk printing [changest]

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: fltk printing [changest]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 20:17:52 -0700

On 08/04/2010 05:48 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
I've pushed a changeset.

	http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d5a7db05d591

Ben,

I read through the changeset. I would say that it should be
committed.  The sooner people start trying it the better.

A few comments:

1. About debug code: I am always in favor of leaving it in.  You never
    know when something will go wrong.

2. It may be good to think of a "verbose" mode.  Not quite the same
    as debug mode, but providing information that a user might find useful
    in deciding whether he did something wrong, or if there is a problem in
    the code.  For instance, verbose mode should show what command line
    was sent to gs, or whatever processors did the work.  Lots of people know
    a lot about gs.  They could figure out why they are not getting what they
    want if they could see what options  were sent to the processor.

3. Since graphics display is "in the eye of the beholder" it will never be possible
    to find what is seen as "right" for everyone.  Making it possible for users to
    set choices which satisfy their preferences is essential.

Thanks,
Michael