Is fig2dev a new requirement?

From: Rik
Subject: Is fig2dev a new requirement?
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 15:02:25 -0700

8/5/10

While building the documentation, which uses Octave and print.m to produce
the embedded images, I now get the following warning for all of the eps and
png images.

warning: print.m: 'fig2dev' not found in EXEC_PATH

I am using the gnuplot backend so I didn't believe the work surrounding
FLTK printing would affect me.  The images appear to be generated correctly
except for extended.png which uses the tex interpreter.  For that image I
also get the following warnings and no text on the plot.

gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string ¬ with
font Symbol
gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string Ö with
font Symbol
gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string p with font
Symbol
gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string ò with
font Symbol

--Rik