Re: fltk printing

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: fltk printing
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 13:37:28 -0700 (PDT)

On 06 Aug, 2010,at 04:29 PM, bpabbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On 06 Aug, 2010,at 12:43 PM, Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:

The last changeset mainly works well, but I got the following:

octave:3> print test.pdf
GPL Ghostscript 8.71: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
warning: print.m: ghostscript failed to convert output to file 'test.pdf'.
No such file or directory
warning: print.m: failed to delete temporay file, '/tmp/oct-v6IZoF.eps'.
octave:4> refresh
octave:5> print('test.pdf', '-color');
octave:6> quit
========================
The print('test.pdf','-color');  produced correct output, but the output
from print test.pdf was a blank page.  Previously,
print test.pdf  (or test.ps, since before the latest updates pdf was
not implemented)  worked as expected.  Now, print test.ps also
fails just like print test.pdf

Also, as an even more minor point, in the line:
warning: print.m: failed to delete temporay file, '/tmp/oct-v6IZoF.eps'

temporay should be temporary.

Michael

I'm not able to reproduce your result. Please try the example below. I've attached the resulting pdf.

octave:84> close all
octave:85> plot (1:10)
octave:86> print test.pdf -debug
---- begin /var/tmp/oct-UhqG3X.ps ----
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
<< /Margins [0 0] /.HWMargins [0 0 0 0] /PageOffset [18 180] >> setpagedevice
%EOF
----- end /var/tmp/oct-UhqG3X.ps -----
Ghostscript command: /sw/bin/gs -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dEmbedAllFonts=true -dOptimize=true -sPAPERSIZE=letter -dFIXEDMEDIA -sOutputFile=test.pdf /var/tmp/oct-UhqG3X.ps /var/tmp/oct-XcT2VQeps

Ben

I neglected to mention the version of ghostscript I'm using.

$ gs -v
GPL Ghostscript 8.61 (2007-11-21)
Copyright (C) 2007 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.

Ben