fltk printing [latex output]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: fltk printing [latex output]
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 15:29:23 -0400

The fltk backend now supports printing using the epslatex, pslatex, pdflatex
devices (pdflatex is not yet documented, but it works the same as epslatex and
pslatex).

There is one minor problem. The alignment of rotated text is not handled
correctly. I thought it best to mention it ... and hope a latex fan would take
a look at what needs to be done to the gl2ps.c code to fix it.

For example ...

        close all
        backend fltk
        plot (0:10)
        xlabel ("xlabel")
        ylabel ("ylabel")
        print -depslatexstandalone test

Then run latex of test.tex. In the resulting test.dvi (or test.ps or test.pdf
depending upon your setup) the ylabel is rotated correctly, but is not aligned
correctly.

PGF output is also available.

        print -dtikz test.pgf

Thus far I'm not yet able to get the PGF to work. However, I'm not confident
I'm using the pgf file correctly.

Ben