Re: Building tip on Freebsd -- nagging configure error... please help!

From: forkandwait
Subject: Re: Building tip on Freebsd -- nagging configure error... please help!
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 22:17:47 +0000 (UTC)

Judd Storrs <jstorrs <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Two ideas. Have you tried looking at the AUTOMAKE variable in autogen.sh
make sure that it is appropriate for getting at your autoconf-1.11?

I added this:

AUTOMAKE=/opt/automake-1.11.1/bin/automake-1.11
--warnings=no-portability

> Second, autogen.sh calls bootstrap which claims to be an /bin/sh script.
Possibly it doesn't work correctly with FreeBSD's sh? (You could maybe
change the shebang to bash?)

I changed the top to

#!/usr/local/bin/bash

but ... still no luck.

I will post a bug report with output from everything I can think of
later tonight.  I wouldn't bother, except that FreeBSD is a pretty
important target, besides my current OS of choice.

Tx!