Re: fltk printing [PDF problems]

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: fltk printing [PDF problems]
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:50:05 -0700 (PDT)

On 09 Aug, 2010,at 04:03 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

On 8 August 2010 14:16, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> Another solution would be to determine why surface plots exported as EPS render so slowly, and fix that.

I thought it was an inherent limitation of the EPS format? It's bad in
general not just with surface plots, but with bitmaps in general. I've
seen similar behaviour when trying to get a photograph into a LaTeX
document. The eps is ginormous compared to a jpg.

My understanding is that jpg's have compression and eps does not.

Regarding the surface plot, it is a vector plot. I don't see any reason why eps should be less efficient than pdf.

Perhaps my impressions are wrong. Am I missing something?

Ben