Re: [colorbar] wrong dimensions with 'axis square'

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: [colorbar] wrong dimensions with 'axis square'
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:03:33 -0700 (PDT)

On 24 Aug, 2010,at 11:10 AM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

On 24 August 2010 09:32, bpabbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> The issue is with how Octave handles 3D and 2D images. The "axis equal"
> command doesn''t work in the proper way for 3D images. In this case a 3D
> object is being view in a 2D perspective. That an be fixed by checking for
> the 2D perspective with displaying 3D objects.

I'm still working on a C++ implementation of __calc_dimensions__ from
__go_draw_axes___m for the somewhat related problem of being able to
rotate 3-dimensionally 2d plots. I haven't been able to figure out yet
how to get at objects from C++, since I think my attempts so far
aren't giving me the same things. Plus, I seem to have created some
sort of race condition with my attempts.

Here's the patches I'm working on. I am again asking for help figuring
out the graphics backend.

TIA,
- Jordi G. H.

Thanks for looking at this. As my c/c++ skills are nearly non-existent, I won't be much help with this problem. Perhaps someone else will take a look.

By the way, while looking at the colorbar problem, I noticed a second instance of __calc_dimensions__. It is in scripts/plot/private/__actual_axis_position__.m

Ben