Re: Any help needed in Fortran related development

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Any help needed in Fortran related development
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 00:45:28 -0500

On 24 August 2010 21:29, Jerry DeLisle <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am curious if there are any particular areas within Octave I may be able
> to help with?

Yes!

I've been discussing in private a problem with qrupdate[1] that I've
encountered while packaging Jaroslav's work for Debian.

Briefly, compile qrupdate with the ATLAS implementation of BLAS and
run the tests. Some of the tests fail. Probably a bug in ATLAS?

Since the Debian packaging seems by default to link with ATLAS, it
would be nice to know if we're using a buggy implementation of BLAS
for shipping Octave.

     http://sourceforge.net/projects/qrupdate/files/

Note that the apparent bug happens with the newer rank-1 updates that
got added in version 1.1.1.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.