Re: Rotation fixes

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Rotation fixes
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:15:23 -0400

On 26-Aug-2010, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| 2010/8/26 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
| > I still have to actually use __calc_dimensions__ to make sure that the
| > fltk backend can't rotate 2d images 3-dimensionally, but I'm hoping
| > this will be a faster fix.
|
| That's done now. Pull from my clone:
|
|     http://bitbucket.org/jordigh/gnu-octave
|
| It's got a few imperfections, but I'm not sure how to fix those. E.g.
| if the plot window is first used to plot a 2d object but later is used
| to plot a 3d object, I couldn't figure out how to change the the
| default mode to 3d, because I didn't see what function to hook on to
| when new objects were being plotted. Interaction with the window is
| also sluggish, but not as sluggish as with gnuplot when plotting a
| surface with a reasonably fine mesh.
|
| But at least it works. I think this is a good improvement on the
| rotation interaction of the fltk backend.

If you want your patch to be considered for inclusion in Octave, then
please post a single changeset that implements your proposed changes
instead of asking us to pull from your archive and sort out which
changes we should apply/skip/fix.  Your changeset should also include
ChangeLog entries.

Thanks,