Re: surface cdata property restricted to double or uint8

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: surface cdata property restricted to double or uint8
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:10:28 +0100

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
> Percentage is normally stated relative to status quo. You'd cut down
> memory from 4*lda to 3*lda, that is -25%.

Oh come on Jaroslav. Percentage is stated from previous situation to
a new situation. In this case, we've gone from 3*lda to 4*lda, which is
a 33% memory increase. If you revert the changes, the "gain" will be
25%, but 0% from the original code.

I'll leave it up to John to decide whatever he prefers on this matter.

Michael.