Re: surface cdata property restricted to double or uint8

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: surface cdata property restricted to double or uint8
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:50:54 +0200

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I considered John's latest changeset to be the current situation. I
>> thought that previously uint8 data wasn't allowed at all. At least
>> that's the impression I got.
>
> Just for the record. It was supported, as double data was supported as
> well. Other data types weren't supported.

Aha, now I see. My apologies. Maybe the original solution was the best
compromise after all... Though it still was buggy; see the comment
about data() called on temporary expressions. That is a bad idea; you
should (almost) never do it. So let's now start from this more correct
one and talk about a 25% memory improvement :)

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer