Re: unified FLTK & Gnuplot printing

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: unified FLTK & Gnuplot printing
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:51:00 -0400

On Aug 23, 2010, at 9:13 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> I've prepared a changeset to unify the printing for both the FLTK and Gnuplot
> backends.
>
> For both backends, ghostscript is relied upon more heavily than before.
> Ghostscript is used to produce most output formats from an eps image of the
> figure.  The output formats based upon an eps image are bmp, jpg, pbm, pcx,
> pdf, pgm, pgn, pnm, ppm, ps, and tiff. Using an eps image as the basis for
> most output formats allow all those formats to benefit from efforts invested
> in eps output.

On a somewhat related note, are the changes specific to FLTK and Gnuplot, or
does it apply to any OpenGL based backend and Gnuplot?  The reason I ask is
because Michael Goffioull and I (mostly Michael) have been working on a
GTK/OpenGL backend and I wonder how much of the FLTK improvements will apply to
all OpenGL based backend.

John Swensen