Re: new problem with scatter() and scatter3()

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: new problem with scatter() and scatter3()
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:55:43 -0400

On 30-Aug-2010, Michael D Godfrey wrote:

| On 08/30/2010 07:15 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
|
|     On 30 August 2010 20:36, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
|
|         > The demos for scatter and scatter3 are failing for me.
|
|     I think I'm seeing the same problem. With the fltk backend, right? No
|     dots show up? The gnuplot backend seems fine.
|
|         > I've made a few changes in the last day, but don't see how any of
them could be responsible.

|     Well, I don't think it was me either. I just updated my repo to the
|     point just before my revision, and I still don't see any dots with the
|     fltk backend.
|
|     - Jordi G. H.
|
| I get the same results:
|
| 1. fltk:  no dots
| 2. gnuplot:  OK.
|
| Thus is fedora 13 system.
| But, I have not run scatter() lately, so I cannot help with when this went
| wrong.

On my system with 3.3.51 (quite old now) demo scatter makes only one
plot and it is blank with the fltk backend.

With 3.3.52, demo scatter makes 5 plots and the second and third are
blank with the fltk backend.

I see the same result with the current sources as I do with 3.3.52, so
I guess this problem has been around for a while now.