Re: Matlab compatible legends for FLTK/Gnuplot backends?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Matlab compatible legends for FLTK/Gnuplot backends?
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 07:34:14 +0900 (JST)

Hello

The freetype and fontconfig libraries are available on windows.
I am using them built by myself but they can be obtained from
GTK+ - Download for Windows
http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html

>From gnuplot 4.4.0, both the gd abased terminals (png, gif and jpeg ) can
>handle the freetype +
fonfconfig and the cairo based terminals (wxt, pngcairo and pdfcairo)
essentially  depend on  the
freetype + fontconfig libraries.

For the windows binaries of gnuplot, the gd and cairo based terminals have been
linked with freetype
and fontconfig from ver-4.4.0.

Regards

Tatsuro
--- Michael D Godfrey  wrote:

>   On 09/01/2010 12:14 PM, David Bateman wrote:
> > 1) Accept the FreeType and font_config dependencies, making these
> > essential for any plotting with legends in Octave. However, this might
> > not be ideal for the gnuplot backend,
> These are standard in Linux systems, and they are available for Mac OS
> X,  I do not know about Windows.
> If possible, this would produce the functionally best solution.
>
> Michael

GyaO! - Anime, Dramas, Movies, and Music videos [FREE]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/gyao/