Re: dataframe dereferencing

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: dataframe dereferencing
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:09:08 -0400

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
I think you didn't quite understand my view of this. I don't think of
df.as.cell(I,J) as a method, but rather along the lines that
df.as.cell is a virtual object that holds the dataframe data (without
headers) converted as a cell, which then can normally be indexed.

I basically agree that as_cell (df (I,J)) is more standard, I merely
pointed out that the former has a potential performance advantage.

Probably something like as_cell(df){I,J} would have the same performance advantages and also avoid hand-written dispatch code.

--judd