Re: R: Matlab compatible legends for FLTK/Gnuplot backends?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: R: Matlab compatible legends for FLTK/Gnuplot backends?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:50:07 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Marco Atzeri  wrote:

> --- Mer 1/9/10, David Bateman  ha scritto:
>
> [cut]
> > 1) Accept the FreeType and font_config dependencies, making
> > these essential for any plotting with legends in Octave.
> > However, this might not be ideal for the gnuplot backend,
> [cut]
> >

> > D.
>
> Hi Dave,
> I am reasonable sure that FreeType is http://freetype.sourceforge.net/ and on
> Cygwin
> I have the 2.3.12 version.
>
> But I don't find "font_config" anywhere, do you mean
> http://www.fontconfig.org/ ?
Perhaps so.

Part of config.h

configure:30303: checking for freetype-config
<snip>
configure:30510: checking for FONTCONFIG

Octave now perhaps uses freetype + fontconfig for the fltk backend.

BTW for gnuplot gd based terminal, fontconfig is optional but the libgd on
cygwin built with Freetype
and  fontconfig. For cairo based terminal, freetype anf fontconfig is
absolutely required.

Regards

Tatsuro

GyaO! - Anime, Dramas, Movies, and Music videos [FREE]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/gyao/