Re: Sorry I pushed something I shouldn't have

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Sorry I pushed something I shouldn't have
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 17:57:27 -0500

On 7 September 2010 14:41, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Opps, I pushed a changeset that had my legend code in it before it has
> ready. What is the recommended what to revert it?

Just push a changeset that undoes it... which seems to be what you
have done with the backout command.

The thing with hg is that since it's distributed, you can't really
"undo" once you publish changes. You can do something like strip a
repo and tell everyone who's pulled and has push access to also strip,
but that's a mess.

I'm used to a slightly cluttered hg repo with lots of branching and
small incomplete changesets. The hg and TortoiseHg repos are of this
sort, there's a stable branch that periodically merges with many other
smaller branches. I guess most everyone else in Octave seems to like
keeping the history as linear as possible and only with more or less
complete individual changesets, instead.

- Jordi G. H.