Re: wait_for_file ?? [GL2PS error: Bad file pointer]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: wait_for_file ?? [GL2PS error: Bad file pointer]
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:57:56 -0400

On Sep 12, 2010, at 12:33 AM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:

> On 09/11/2010 09:20 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:
>> fclose is in glps-renderer::draw which IMHO is the only place it
>> should be since it's the only place guaranteed to be after the file
>> has been written to.
>>
>> Shai
>>
> OK.  It would be good if you stored 0 (null) into the fid after the
> fclose.  This would prevent reuse and make clear that the fid had
> been closed.
>
> Now, I am not sure what is causing Ben's problem.  When I ran
> his script (including an fclose(fid) which should have done nothing)
> it ran OK on my system.
>
> Michael

Just for reference, adding an fclose(fid) doesn't fix the problem for me. I
should also mention that the "GL2PS error: Bad file pointer" messages are not
consistent. If I run my example several times, I get different results.

I'll propose a changeset for printing using pipes, and include a test script to
allow others to do some testing and debugging as well.

Ben