Re: wait_for_file ?? [GL2PS error: Bad file pointer]

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: wait_for_file ?? [GL2PS error: Bad file pointer]
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 21:22:31 +0300

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:
On 09/12/2010 08:57 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
Just for reference, adding an fclose(fid) doesn't fix the problem for me. I should also mention that the "GL2PS error: Bad file pointer" messages are not consistent. If I run my example several times, I get different results.

I'll propose a changeset for printing using pipes, and include a test script to allow others to do some testing and debugging as well.

Ben

Ben,

A bit odd. I thought I was the only one having lots of trouble with this!  I ran your example
repeated about 5 or 6 times both in NX and using remote login through ssh with no errors!

Switching to using a pipe seems a good idea in any case.

I do still recommend clearing the fid after fclose.   This would have caused my fclose
to fail and would have resolved the question of whether it was needed.

I don't know how to do that -- I use a local copy of the fid, and I see no way to change the value of fid in the calling function.

Shai