Re: wait_for_file ?? [print via pipes]

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: wait_for_file ?? [print via pipes]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:20:47 +0000 (GMT)

On 13 Sep, 2010,at 11:43 AM, Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:

On 09/13/2010 04:50 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
hmmm, still looks like gnuplot 4.2 to me. From Octave, what does __gnuplot_version__ return?
octave:1> __gnuplot_version__
ans = 4.4.0
octave:2>

The rpm install put it in /usr/bin and removed the old 4.2.

Michael

With 4.4 I don't see any of the "gnuplot> nset obj 1; ... line 0: invalid command" errors.

Regarding the pdfcairo terminals, they did not exist until 4.4. Also it is my understanding that they require the proper dependencies. Do you have the cairo vector graphic library installed? Other dependencies may also be required (?).

You can check which terminals are supported by your gnuplot by running gnuplot-4.4 and typing ...

print GPVAL_TERMINALS

I get ...

gnuplot> print GPVAL_TERMINALS
 aqua canvas cgm corel dpu414 dumb dxf eepic emf emtex epslatex epson_180dpi epson_60dpi epson_lx800 fig gif gnugraph gpic hp2623A hp2648 hp500c hpdj hpgl hpljii hppj imagen jpeg latex lua mf mif mp nec_cp6 okidata pbm pcl5 pdf pdfcairo png pngcairo postscript pslatex pstex pstricks qms regis rgip starc svg tandy_60dpi tek40xx tek410x texdraw tgif tikz tkcanvas tpic uniplex unknown vttek x11 xlib xterm

You can edit the test script to remove the terminals your gnuplot doesn't have support for.

Ben