Re: Bugs involving imread, imwrite, and GraphicsMagick

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Bugs involving imread, imwrite, and GraphicsMagick
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:10:57 -0500

On 20 September 2010 19:30, John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> This will at least allow the Octave package maintainers for
> Debian/Ubuntu

Just to clarify, I don't believe there are any Ubuntu Octave packagers
at all (and if there are, then we need to communicate with them more).
The brunt of Debian packaging right now is done by a single person,
Thomas Weber. A few people and I help out a little, but it's probably
at least 95% Thomas, just like before him it was almost all Rafael
Laboissiere. The Ubuntu Octave packages are taken without modification
from Debian, unless this has changed recently while I wasn't looking.

I'm not trying to be divisive here, it's just that I think it's
important to look at how many people are involved and to what degree.
Also, Ubuntu and Debian share an important symbiosis, but I think it's
important to be explicit about their many, many differences, just like
I think it's important to separate C and C++ instead of talking about
"C/C++".

- Jordi G. H.