Re: wait_for_file ?? [print via pipes - help testing on Windows?]

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: wait_for_file ?? [print via pipes - help testing on Windows?]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:27:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Sep 22, 2010, at 02:16 PM, Marco Atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:

--- Mer 22/9/10, bpabbott <address@hidden> ha scritto:
here again on cygwin after having solved my recent
build problems.

$ hg tip
changeset: 11013:63f79f798a14
tag: tip
user: Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden>
date: Wed Sep 22 09:04:56 2010 +0200
summary: fix small typos in new tests

the test_printing("gnuplot") is fine.

However with fltk, for any type of devices I tested
the plot file is created and looks fine, but
octave segfaults:

test_printing("fltk","-djpg")
backend is fltk
print fltk-jpg -djpg
panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Segmentation fault

ideas ?

Marco

I get seg-faults when running Octave in VirtualBox. The problem there has to do with OpenGL. Before a seg-fault I see the warnings below. Usually, my session survives the 1st instance of these warnings but dies on the second.

OpenGL Warning: vboxCall failed with VBox status code = -39
OpenGL Warning: SHCRGL_GUEST_FN_WRITE_READ (28-17464) failed with ffffffdb ffffffea

I did  a google and found examples where similar problems were resolved by turning off 3D OpenGL acceleration. After turning off 3D acceleration, I get the complaint below ...

OpenGL Warning: Failed to connect to host. Make sure 3D acceleration is enabled for this VM.
no messages on my side
In spite of the error, the fltk printed output is produced and the plots are displayed correctly.
same
Its just a wild guess, but perhaps something similar is happening on your end?

Ben
Marco

When you say "octave segfaults" does octave continue running? I ask because I occasionally see "Segmentation fault" (Ubuntu via VirutalBox) but it's not Octave displaying it because, Octave continues to run. Perhaps it is gs, fig2dev, epstool, or something else?

Ben